Not even a power outage can stop the Waterwise 1600 Non-Electric Distiller. Ideal for camping, your holiday home and boating . Everyday preparedness brings peace of mind in the face of unforeseen emergencies such as power outages, natural disasters and can also be a backup for your electric distiller. In these situations, you simply can't beat the 1600. This all-stainless-steel distiller has no moving parts, delivers up to 16 gallons a day of pure, safe water almost silently with or without electricity. The two modular parts are pre-assembled, so set-up is a breeze. A countdown digital timer is included for trouble-free monitoring. Works on virtually any heat source, gas or electric stove or hotplate, wood or coal burning stove, propane or natural gas burner, gas or charcoal grill.
THE WATERWISE 1600 DISTILLATION PROCESS
1. Water is heated in the stainless steel boiler pan to 100 degrees C killing microbes such as bacteria, cysts and viruses that may be present.
2. Steam rises through the centre of a three-level stainless steel cooling tray assembly leaving behind dead microbes, dissolved solids, salts, heavy metals and other substances.
3. Low boiling light gases are discharged through the gaseous vent at the top so no post filter is required.
4. Steam is condensed in the hollow tray assembly on the underside of the water-cooled trays.
5. Purified / distilled water is captured in the collection cup assembly.
6. The 100% steam distilled water flows out through the collection tube into a collection / storage container (not included except as an option).
OPERATES ON A WIDE RANGE OF HEAT SOURCES
- Electric Hob / Hotplate
- Gas Burner
- Wood / Coal Burning Stove
- Gas or Charcoal Grill
EXCELLENT FOR INDOOR OR OUTDOOR USE
- Holiday Home
- On Safari
Recommended Storage Container for the Waterwise 1600
The Waterwise 1600 consistently and effectively provides up to 13 UK Gallons (60 litres) a day of pure, safe water with or without electricity. Use your own collection container or buy one of our BPA-free bottles to collect the distilled water. We recommend the 11.4 Litre BPA-free bottle the comes with a handle for easy portability and storage.
NOTHING COMPARES TO WATERWISE PURITY
Filtration: Filtered water has passed through a fine strainer and/or activated carbon. While they reduce disagreeable tastes and odors, filters are not effective in removing many common contaminants such as arsenic, bacteria, copper, lead, nitrates, parasites, sodium and viruses. A filter can become a breeding ground for bacteria as the organic material which remains in the filter begins to decay. Another drawback is not knowing when to replace the filter. Some manufacturers suggest replacing filters when bad taste or odor returns. In reality, a filter may be able to control taste and odor long after it has lost its ability to reduce tasteless, odorless organics such as THMs (trihalomethanes) which are byproducts of chlorination.
Reverse Osmosis: RO systems force water under high pressure through a synthetic semi-permeable membrane to reduce inorganic minerals. These systems vary widely in their ability to reject nitrates, chlorides and some other contaminants. RO performance is affected by water pressure, water temperature, pH, bacteria, dissolved solids and the chemical contaminant level of raw tap water. Like other filtration systems, gradual clogging of the system by collected contaminants will result in declining effectiveness and can also lead to contamination from bacterial growth.
Steam Distilled: Based on Mother Nature's primary purification method, distillation uses evaporation and condensation to separate pure, fresh water from its contaminants. In nature the process is called the hydrologic cycle. It occurs when water evaporates, condenses, then falls to the earth as precipitation. Distillation, combined with carbon filtration, is the one water treatment technology that most completely reduces the widest range of contaminants, including biological, organic and inorganic elements. In fact, a quality distillation system provides water that is up to 99% free of impurities, including heavy metals and most chemicals. It is the treatment of choice for removing biological contaminants including cysts like Giardia and Cryptosporidium. The prolonged boiling process of distillation kills virtually all types of microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses and parasites. Microorganisms are not evaporated into the product water but remain in the boiling chamber as part of the residue. Additionally, a distillation system with activated carbon post filtration and venting is effective in removing pesticides and VOCs (volatile organic compounds). Distillation provides consistent purity, gallon after gallon, year in, year out. No other technology can guarantee consistent quality over time. The purity of your drinking and cooking water is guaranteed when you make 100% steam distilled water with a Waterwise purifier/distiller.
PRACTICAL USES FOR PURE, 100% STEAM DISTILLED WATER...
- Drinking... healthy and delicious
- Cooking... taste the improvement
- Ice Cubes... crystal clear
- Fruit Juices... fresh squeezed taste
- Coffee, Tea, and Cocoa... you'll use less and the pure taste is incomparable
- Baby Formulas... pure contentment
- Low Sodium Diets... essential for good health
- Complexion Care... feel the difference
- Aquariums... clean and clear
- Pet Care... they'll love you more
- Houseplants... they'll thrive now
- Sprouting... they'll grow like crazy
- Steam Irons and Humidifiers... work more efficiently and last longer
- Distillate Capacity: 3 litres in 1.2 Hours, up to 16 Gallons (60 Liters) in 24 Hours
- Dimensions (h x d) : 31cmx31cm
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Distiller, Hi-Temp Tubing (92cm length—food grade) and digital timer included
- Designed and engineered in the U.S.A