The Rhino whole house water filter is the ultimate home appliance. Its 4 stage filtration process supplies better than bottled water quality throughout the entire household for only cents a day! This whole house water filter is the most valuable and beneficial home appliance you can own. The EQ-600 whole house water filter supplies healthy, filtered water to every faucet and water source in the house. It works as a point-of-entry system to reduce chlorine and chlorine-resistant parasites as soon as water enters a home’s plumbing system. Aquasana Rhino is the right product for your family's water needs! Drink, shower, bathe, LIVE in pure, healthy water!
The Rhino whole house water filter uses a patented four-stage process guaranteed to reduce a maximum amount of water contaminants!
Stage 1 - Filters out any sediment that may be in the water supply. When that sediment is removed, it cannot clog the main filter, thus preventing reduction in water flow and/or filter life.
Stage 2 - A process called “water atomization” fuses granules of zinc and copper together, creating a natural element media. This combination initiates an active filtration method, possessing a characteristic known as redox potential, alters the molecular structure of chlorine and turns it into harmless chloride.
Stage 3 - Contains large granules of bituminous- activated carbon for improved filtration, enhanced taste and clarity. This medium is recognized by the EPA as the “Best available technology” for water filtration.
Stage 4 - Contains a small granule of coconut shell-based activated carbon for an expanded surface area, No backflushing.
Aquasana Rhino Highlights
- Great tasting, healthy water throughout your home
- Healthier and softer skin and hair
- Better indoor air quality from reduction of volatile chemicals
- Reduced scale in your water for longer appliance life
- Excellent contaminant reduction capabilities: Chlorine, scale, metals, pesticides, herbicides, pharmaceuticals and industrial solvents
- NSF full system certification
- Easy installation and replacement of tanks
- Three-Five year life or 600,000-gallons /2.72 million litres
- No electricity or wastewater drainage lines required
- Unique three-stage upflow design
NSF certified system
The Aquasana EQ-600 Whole House Water filter is certified by NSF International to NSF/ANSI standard 42. Many other systems on the market today claim contaminant reduction with certified media, but at Aquasana, we believe that the entire system and media should be certified. This holistic certification is important for two reasons:
1) Contact time with the filtration media is the most important factor for successful contaminant reduction. A system with certified media that is designed poorly may simply not have enough filtration media to be effective, or the water may have insufficient contact time with the filtration media to effectively reduce contaminants. There is no way to tell what kind of effectiveness a system has without a complete system certification.
2) NSF certified systems must pass stringent structural integrity, toxicology and material extraction tests. This means that labs test systems to ensure that they will continue to operate correctly under constant water pressure. It also means that the systems are made of quality materials that will not add anything or leach additional contamination, like BPA from cheap plastic, back into your water.
Three-stage upflow design for superior contaminant reduction
Our whole house water system comprises three carefully sequenced stages, each with its own unique formula of high-potency contaminant-grabbing media. It's important to keep the media separate both to maximize contact time between the water and the media, and prevent mixing the different types of media. Mixing different filtration media can result in clumping and hardening over time, which causes channeling — where water flows through the same path through the media — minimizing effectiveness. We designed our sequenced three-stage, multi-directional flow system to optimize the contaminant reduction process and eliminate as much contamination as possible at each stage.
- Stage 1 is a sediment pre-filter that removes particles, dirt, and rust — essentially the easy stuff to get out.
- In stage 2, water flows up through a blend of a patented copper-zinc blend and crushed mineral stone. This stage greatly reduces chlorine, water soluble heavy metals, and scale.
- Then the water flows down to our third and final stage, where the high-grade activated carbon finishes the filtration process, reducing herbicides, pesticides, pharmaceuticals and other chemical compounds that may be present in your water.
The EQ-600 Aquasana Whole House filter system is the only system that can be customised for your unique water needs.
The standard EQ-600 is ideal for those connected to local town or municipal water supply. For those who source their water from Well or untreated water supplies the EQ-500-Well is the perfect solution, this can be further customised with a UV filter for the ultimate in water purity. If you live in an household greater than 3,500 sq feet or are looking for a filter for a commercial premises with increased water flow requirements then the EQ-600 can be easily stacked in a manifold setup to meet your water demands, please call or email us for more details and to discuss your requirements in more detail.
Cleaner shower, cleaner air
Your skin is your largest organ. The human body absorbs moisture through both your skin and lungs while you bathe or shower, so it also absorbs any vaporized contamination that may be present. Removing that contamination gives you a healthier and cleaner showering experience, which often means softer skin and hair within days. Removing vaporized contamination also improves the air quality in your home by reducing the volatile chemicals that a hot shower will produce. Our whole house filter will effectively remove over 97% of the chlorine in all of the water in your home.
- Height : 46"
- Length with install kit: 27"
- Diameter: 8"
- Weight: 40 lbs.
- Rated flow rate: 7.0 gallons / 32 litres per minute
- Capacity of filter: 600,000 gallons / 2.72 million litres
- Warranty – 2 years
Aquasana EQ 600 Rhino Product Overview and Installation Guide
The system is easy to install with the help of a licensed plumber and requires no electricity or back-flushing. It installs where your water line enters your home - typically where your hot water heater is located. It can be installed inside or outside your home, and needs only be protected from extreme temperatures or direct sunlight. The system comes with everything you need for installation. System maintenance is easy: just replace the two main filter tanks every 600,000 gallons /2.72 million litres (about 5-7 years for the average household), and you can replace them yourself without a plumber's assistance. Simply shut off the water at your system with the provided valve, detach your main tanks (bottom and top tanks), and replace them with the new EQ-600R tanks. No messy, time-consuming, media-only replacements required. The process takes minutes.
Additional Product Information
1. What is the difference between city water (standard EQ-600 Rhino) and well water (EQ-500-Well system)? — City water is pre-treated to make sure it is free of bacteria, viruses and common contamination sources. City water is regulated so that the contaminants fall within or below country guidelines. Well water is untreated water from an underground aquifer that is pumped into a house. Well water may contain higher than average levels of iron or sulfur, or other contaminants.
2. Why are whole house water filters considered point of entry systems? — The filtration system is installed at the point where the main water supply enters the home, delivering filtered water to all subsequent outlets.
3. What is hard water? — Hard water contains a higher than average amount of dissolved minerals (primarily calcium and magnesium), and a higher concentration of multivalent cations (Ca2+ and Mg2+).
4. Does having hard water mean it is contaminated? — No, hard water is more of a nuisance than a health issue, and is not considered contaminated. Most water sources in the UK and Europe are considered hard. Is hard water safe to drink? — Yes, hard water is healthy enough to drink.
5. What is soft water? — Having soft water means you have a lower concentration of dissolved minerals and multivalent cations in your water. The most recognizable trait of "soft" water is how much more soap lathers, as opposed to hard water, in which soap lathers less.
6. Does having soft water mean it is clean water? — Soft water does not mean clean water. Your water can be soft and still have contaminants present in the water. Soft water simply is a lower concentration of dissolved minerals and multivalent cations. Is it safe to drink? — Yes, soft water is considered potable as long as the water has not passed through a sodium-based water softener. Drinking water from a sodium-based softener increased your daily intake of sodium, which can lead to health problems in sodium-sensitive individuals.
7. What is a water softener? — A water softener is a system designed to remove/reduce calcium and magnesium from the water by exchanging it with sodium (or sometimes hydrogen or potassium). This is done through an ion exchange resin that alters the molecular structure of the calcium and magnesium from a divalent ion to a univalent ion, making the water "softer." Do softeners reduce chemical contamination? — Softeners do not remove chemical contamination themselves, but softeners sometimes have a carbon filter working in conjunction with the softener to treat contamination.
8. What type of filtration mediums do you use in the top tank of the EQ-600? — The EQ-600 top tank contains a KDF-55 medium (A mixture of 55% copper and 45% zinc mineral alloy) for the reduction of chlorine and certain heavy metals, as well as a crushed mineral filter stone to enhance the water's pH and control scale* on internal plumbing. Both media are bacteriostatic, which means they prohibit bacteria and algae from growing or developing within the system.
9. What type of filtration mediums do you use in the top tank of the EQ-500-WELL? — The EQ-500-WELL top tank contains a KDF-85 medium (A mixture of 85% copper and 15% zinc mineral alloy) for the reduction of chlorine, hydrogen sulfide and heavy metals like iron, as well as a crushed mineral filter stone to enhance the water's pH and control scale on internal plumbing. Both media are bacteriostatic, which means they prohibit bacteria and algae from growing or developing within the system.
10. What is KDF? — KDF stands for kinetic degradation fluxion, which is a redox filtration medium. KDF uses a unique combination of copper and zinc that creates an electrochemical reaction. During this reaction, electrons are transferred between molecules, creating new, harmless molecules and compounds. Free chlorine, for instance, is changed into benign, water-soluble chloride, which is then carried harmlessly through the water supply. Similarly, some heavy metals such as copper, lead, mercury and others, cling to the medium's surface, thus being effectively removed from the water supply.
11. What type of medium is used in the bottom tank of the EQ-600 — The EQ-600 bottom tank contains a carbonized coconut shell medium that reduces synthetic chemicals and VOC's.
12. What type of medium is used in the bottom tank of the EQ-500-Well? — The EQ-500-WELL bottom tank contains a carbonized coconut shell & catalytic medium that reduces synthetic chemicals, hydrogen sulfide gasses and VOC's.
13. What percentage of chlorine do Aquasana Whole Home Systems remove? And for how long? — The EQ-600 is certified by NSF International to reduce >97% of chlorine for 600,000 gallons.
14. What is the flow rate of the EQ-600? — All Aquasana Whole House Systems perform at 7 gallons per minute (gpm).
15. Will I experience a drop in water pressure after installing the EQ-600 or EQ-500-WELL? — As long as your home is less than 3500 sq. ft. and you have 3-1/2 bathrooms or fewer, you should not experience any noticeable drops in pressure. If you have a larger home, we can build a custom system to deal with the typical water capacity of your home.
16. Does the EQ-600 remove bacteria or viruses? — No, if you are concerned about bacteria or viruses in your water supply, we recommend that you add a 0.35-sub-micron post-filter and an ultraviolet light sanitation system after the EQ-600. The AQ-UV-20 ultraviolet light sanitation system uses ultra violet radiation to sanitize drinking water as it passes through the system, which changes the DNA structure of microbiological contaminants and some cysts. UV light radiation also prevents bacteria and viruses from reproducing, and microbiological contaminants cannot survive without constant reproduction.
17. Does the EQ-500-WELL remove bacteria or viruses? — Yes, the EQ-500-WELL sanitizes the water if the AQ-UV-20 ultraviolet light sanitation system is included in the last stage of the unit setup. The AQ-UV-20 ultraviolet light sanitation system uses ultra violet radiation to sanitize drinking water as it passes through the system, which changes the DNA structure of microbiological contaminants and some cysts. UV light radiation also prevents bacteria and viruses from reproducing, and microbiological contaminants cannot survive without constant reproduction.
Important Note: The AQ-UV-20 will not sanitize properly without a sub-micron filter (which is included in the EQ-500-WELL setup). If sub-micron filter is not used before the UV system, microbiological contaminants can hide behind microscopic particulates, which will cause the UV radiation to lose its effectiveness. This is known as a shadowing effect. A 0.35-sub-micron filter must be used before the system to prevent the shadowing effect.
18. Do I need a licensed plumber to install the EQ-600 or EQ-500-WELL? — Yes, Aquasana recommends you have a licensed plumber install the system for you, to ensure that the system is installed properly. Since most licensed plumbers carry insurance to cover any damages caused by an installation error, having a licensed plumber install the system for you will give you the security that the work was done properly and that the installation is backed up by the plumbing company's insurance plan. Not having the system installed by a licensed plumber will void the warranty of both the EQ-600 and EQ-500-WELL.