The all new Excalibur Stainless Steel 5 Tray Dehydrator Model D502SHD is the long awaited Stainless Steel variant of the world’s most popular food dehydrator. Excalibur have been manufacturing their food dryers for over 35 years with their patented Parallexx™ Horizontal Air Flow and Hyperwave™ Fluctuation Technology. The latest addition to the Excalibr family features hygienic stainless steel clad body, solid steel door and hygienic, extra robust steel trays. Energiseyourlife.com is proud to be an official Excalibur UK distributor.
Key Features of the Excalibur Stainless Model D502SHD
- Features Excalibur’s patented Parallex™ Horizontal Air Flow and Hyperwave™ Fluctuation Technology, the most efficient heat/dry combination on the market.
- Case exterior is made of Stainless Steel. Case interior is polycarbonate, the same material as our black and white units.
- 5-large Stainless Steel trays, 15" x 15" each.
- 26 Hour Timer lets you set it and forget it. Unit automatically turns off when the set time is complete.
- Adjustable Thermostat 85-155 °F (29 - 68 °C). Temperature range is low enough to preserve active enzymes in fruits and vegetables. Temperature range is also high enough to meet safety standards for dehydrating meat for jerky. Unit turns on automatically when thermostat is in use.
- 5-inch fan
Excalibur Dehydrator Highlights
- Featuring the unique Parallexx™ Horizontal Air Flow and Hyperwave™ Fluctuation Technology, which draws in cool air, heats it to the desired temperature and then feeds it throughout the trays simultaneously. The food dehydrates as the Excalibur’s hot air evenly removes the moisture from the food, and the front of the dehydrator is open, allowing the unwanted moisture to escape.
- The horizontal airflow feature in the Excalibur ensures even dehydration and eliminates the need to re-stack trays during the drying process.
- The Excalibur is truly flexible, allowing trays to be removed to allow for drying larger pieces of food, such as complete fruits.
- The Excalibur’s adjustable thermostat offers the capability of perfect dehydration on every occasion and unlike many comparable dehydrators, which feature round edged trays, the dishwasher-safe trays of the Excalibur, feature square-edged trays, thus increasing the dehydrators drying capability.
- Excalibur Model: D502SHD (known as the D500SHD in the USA)
- Number of Trays: 5
- Drying Area: 1.622 Feet (per tray) 8sq feet in total
- Thermostat range: from 85-155 °F (29 - 68 °C)
- Weight/boxed: 10kg/12kg
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 483 x 432 x 212 mm
- Wattage: 400
- Voltage: 220/240V
- Process: Horizontal Drying System
- Warranty: 5 Years Domestic, 1 Year Commercial
- Colour: Steel/Black
- Made in USA
Turbo Charged Drying System
Cool air is drawn in the back, heated, and distributed evenly across each tray. During the dehydration process, warm air removes moisture from foods and is pushed out the front of the machine.
Economical round dehydrators cannot distribute heat as evenly as the Excalibur resulting less controlled drying, and increase in time to dry and more maintenance due to frequent tray re-stacking and cleaning due to spillage.
Raw Food Community's views on the Excalibur
Victoras Kulvinskas is a Co-Founder of the Hippocrates Health Institute with Ann Wigmore, and author of several books including "Survival into the 21st Century". He is recognized as being the "Father" of the Raw food Movement. "I have been using and marketing Excalibur Dehydrators for over ten years. I have tested other units on the market and found Excalibur to be superior in service, performance, durability, price and quality. Excalibur is a product made perfect for the raw food community and others who are searching for high quality in their foods."
Cherie Soria is the founder and director of the Living Light Culinary Arts Institute where she instructs and certifies raw food chefs throughout the world. Author of Angel Foods: Healthy Recipes for Heavenly Bodies."As far as I am concerned, there is only one dehydrator -- the Excalibur. We use it exclusively at all our Living Light Culinary Arts Institute trainings and Healthy Lifestyle Celebrations. I trust the integrity of my Excalibur dehydrators and know I will get the results I need! Thank you Excalibur for creating such a quality product!"
Gabriel Cousins M.D. is the founder and director of the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Centre in Arizona. He is one the leading educators in the raw food community, and author of several books including Conscious Eating. "We only use Excalibur Dehydrators at our Cafe at The Tree Of Life Rejuvenation Center for all of our Gourmet RAW Food preparations and everyone loves the quality and reliability, we highly recommend it as your first choice in food dehydrators"
Victoria Boutenko is one of the communities most inspiring educators and travels the country sharing her and her family's life changing experiences with raw foods. She is the author of several books including Raw Family, and 12 Steps to Raw Food. "Me and my family have been eating Raw food now for 10 years. We have 5 Excalibur's of our own and use them every day. They are excellent dehydrators and the best for raw foods. I use them for all my recipes, and recommend them to all of my students. I have known Excalibur's family staff for a long time and they always give outstanding service."
Learn more about dehydration
To Learn more about dehydration we recommend you view the educational videos on the Excalibur website -
Dehydration Instruction Video’s > http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/media.php