This model includes a large Wheatgrass tray as well as all the parts contained in the standard model.
The EasyGreen Automatic Sprouter simplifies the task of growing your own sprouts, salad greens and wheatgrass. This sprouter is by far the best home sprouting system available and an invaluable asset if you wish to make sprouts an integral part of your diet. With the EasyGreen Automatic Sprouter you can have a consistent supply of your very own fresh crunchy sprouts for your salads and juices – full of natural vitamins, mineral and enzymes that no other food or artificial supplements can rival.
Here are few features of Easygreen's unique sprouting technology:
Seeds generate chemical heat during germination and need to be cooled to avoid mold and rotting. The EasyGreen uses a patented technology where mist and oxygen are applied simultaneously to the seeds, thus both cooling the seed's water and air and oxygenating the seeds and water. Sprouts require little water but abundant amounts of oxygen. Other automated sprouters and conventional sprouting methods supply plenty of water yet only provide natural air displacement.
- Inhibitors in seeds are the natural defense mechanism of seeds acting as a deterrent for germs and bugs. Some sprouters re-circulate the same water! Your sprouts are then irrigated with water containing toxins and inhibitors, defeating the concept of using clean, good water for your sprouts. Bearing in mind that sprouts are made of 80% water, using clean water makes sense. The EasyGreen drains all used water out of the machine.
- The water reservoir allows adding minerals that enhances growth, such as liquid kelp or hydroponic growing solutions. No known conventional or automatic system allows the same flexibility.
- The built-in water reservoir allows the grower to add solutions that assist in disinfecting the crops, such as hydrogen peroxide.
- The EasyGreen rinses automatically as many times as needed a day during the complete growing cycle.
- The EasyGreen requires NO presoaking. Seeds are placed in the tray or cartridge DRY and the machine takes over, soaking, rinsing, misting, oxygenating and draining automatically.
- The misting and oxygenating automatic cycles assures quickest harvest. 15% to 40% quicker then any sprouting method.
- Unlike other automatic sprouters, the EasyGreen uses a mist generator. No sprinkles or foggers that will clog and may stop irrigating without the grower being aware.
- Some growers prefer to use soil for some crops such as wheatgrass or sunflower greens. Other sprouting methods are soil or soil-less (Hydroponic). The EasyGreen may use both concepts! With no damage to the machine or crops.
- Sprouts taken out of conventional systems needs to be placed in a secondary pan such as a Tupperware for refrigeration. The EasyGreen cartridges with unused sprouts can be placed directly into refrigeration for later use.
- Some sprouting systems have a round shape. The EasyGreen uses rectangular cartridges and trays, allowing refrigeration of unused portions of a tray or cartridge using minimal space.
- The EasyGreen has an automatic disinfecting cycle. It is easy to keep high sanitary conditions within the machine. Only large commercial systems have a similar function!
- The Mist Generator the heart of the machine, uses 240v/50Hz and is rated at only 0.55Amp, using a negligible amount of electricity.
- Size 18" W x 24" L x 7" H.
How much wheatgrass juice can the EasyGreen sprouter produce?
The quantity of juice extracted depends on the quality of seed used, the season and the quality of the juicer machine used. In general, a large tray (equivalent to 6 small trays) will produce 10 ounces / 300 ml of juice.
Wheatgrass in the EasyGreen
Does the EasyGreen Sprouter provide enough light?
The EasyGreen top is completely clear to provide enough natural light for all sprouts with the exception of green such as sunflower and wheatgrass. Greens require direct sun for 1 or 2 days in order to get good chlorophyll. Greens should be removed from the machine before maturity and placed in a sunny location for greening. All other sprouts are very sensitive to light and ambient light will suffice.
How long is the growing process from seed to grass?
The total time will depend on weather conditions, season of the year, quality of seed, difference between max/min temperature day and night. In general the complete cycle should take approximately 9-10 days, 6-7 days in the EasyGreen machine and 2-3 days in direct sun (outside the machine).
Will one easygreen machine produce enough wheatgrass so I can juice a few ounces a day?
A single EasyGreen unit will provide 1 ounce / 30ml of wheatgrass juice per day. This is based on a yield per tray of 300ml / 10 ounces assuming a 10 day growing cycle. However, as the grass need only spend 6-7 actually within the machine, the use of additional trays and rotation could maximise your yield a further 40%.
Will the Sprouter Sprout Beans, Seeds? What about Flax Seeds? What about nuts?
It will sprout all beans and sproutable seeds. Flax is a mucilaginous seed and will partially sprout only when placed between 2 wet towels. Most nuts will not sprout. If you put raw shelled almonds in the machine, they will grow a small tail, but not sprout into a plant.
- Dimensions (l x w x h) 61x45.7x17.8cm
- Warranty 12 months